Defining Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. To approach to the treatment in a different way, many choose the experimental therapy.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Conventional therapy settings may not be enough to get some recovering drug users to open up. It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Regular experimential therapies include
- Mountain climbing
- Rope courses
- Therapy via music
- Adventure based therapy
- Recreation therapy
- Adventure therapy
Hidden feelings and disturbances are hard to process, so the experimential therapy allow the addict to become more conscious about what he or she have on the inside to handle these emotions in a good way. With the help of experimential therapy, a recovering addict can begin to understand how these issues can be faced without returning to drugs as an escape route.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Experimential Therapy For Treatment Of Dependencies
Addicts can overcome stress in the real world by engaging in activities such as hiking and rock climbing. Addicts will see their things that make them turn to drugs all days, and experimential therapy offers them a way to confront these things.
Many mental health problems that may be hiding behind the addiction can also be treated with the help of experimential therapy. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Methods And Treatments Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
For therapist is easier to study the addicts when they are going through this type of therapy because users tend to open during the process.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Experimential Therapy Used With Other Treatments
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. Experimential therapy offers the addicts a place to apply the social skills they have learned during typical therapy.
Withdrawal symptoms from many drugs can be uncomfortable and also dangerous, therefore, it is essential to begin any treatment program with a medical detox. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
This is done to offer the addict a complete treatment and prevent further setbacks.
Experimential Therapy Methods Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine-helped psychotherapy (EAP) incorporates the utilization of steeds amid remedial recuperation works out.
- But is not what many people can think at the beginning, the addicts will feed the horses, take them to walk, bond with them, they are not riding the horses.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- EAP could aid recuperating users deal with unpleasant emotions or agonies they may not realise in any other way.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where patients envision a traumatic occasion while a specialist drives them through particular eye developments.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- The practice of outdoors sports is the focus of this therapy.
- Sports like hiking, climbing and water rafting are practiced in groups so the adventure therapy helps the patients to learn social skills like communication, teamwork and responsibility so they can get better from their traumas.
- Artistic Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Receive The Best Treatment For You
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Other substance rehabilitation facilities are experts in exploratory treatments, having mountain climbing walls, workshops, as well as obstacle courses within their areas. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 772 3971.