How To Fight The Temptations
You can engage in these activities to reduce your exposure to circumstances that will lead to relapse, although staying clear of what will stimulate the dependence is hard.
You want life transformation experience; resolve to stay free from addiction today. Just as mustering your courage in undergoing treatment, your focus in staying clean and resisting the urge depends on your commitment to getting well.
You can overcome this challenge permanently if you can know what causes you reliance on drugs and how to resist despite the fact that determination and self-control are needed.
There may still be temptation to fall back into the same old habits that put you in rehab in the first place, the struggle is real and something a lot of people experience when they first finish their treatment program.
Recognising The Triggers
It is while you are at the rehab centre that you can make the most crucial decision on how to overcome the challenge. To control and keep away possible provocations, dependence retrieval counsellors work with patients to inspect the provocations that caused the compulsion and deal with them while attending the course of the therapy program.
Speak with use today on 0800 772 3971 if you are in need of addiction treatment of require more help going through the recovery process.
Some factors that are the culprit in cases of addiction are common while some are peculiar to each addict. Some of these are
- Associating With Abusers Of The Drug
- Frequenting joints where drug and alcohol use is the order of the day not the exception.
- Emotional States
- Your inability to resolve low-esteem, stressful situations without resorting to substance in facing and dealing with psychological disorders.
- Living Situation
- Going back to an isolated and lonely living environment can reignite the same memories that first put them on a road to addiction.
- Social Activities
- Being in a social situation where alcohol or drugs are being used can trigger an ex-addict into falling back into relapse.
- You should avoid social scenes in which drugs and alcohol are accessible during initial stages of recovery.
- Profound Childhood Trauma
- Child abuse and family break ups are elements that set in motion return to substance abuse to relieve the pain develop into substance abuse.
Solicit assistance from a professional addiction counsellor to show you productive ways of identifying specific triggers and how to manage the situation through engaging your creative mind on positive actions.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Designing An Effective Relapse Prevention Procedure
Patients can start getting clean starting residential therapy programs which have a highly organized surrounding. Getting involved in an outside treatment program is the best way to avoid unwanted obstacles that may stand in your way of a new and sober life.
Of crucial and priceless importance is the work to propose an operative strategy. Trust, cooperation and open communication with the psychotherapist or counsellor are key to crafting an effective recovery/relapse game plan.
The situations brought about by the shift from rehab to a real-world environment can be anticipated and a good plan can be developed out of it. Staying clean and sane daily after rehab care is part of the goal in developing the relapse-proof plan.
A physical list of your anticipated triggers
- Speaking to a supportive member of family, or close friend to help you in times when temptation is the hardest.
- Ensuring that the home is free from alluring influence including medications, alcohol bottles within vicinity are some ways of getting rid of pull of the past to accommodate the future.
- A List Of Anticipated Triggers
- Being aware of all the people, places or other triggers that may arise in your life will help you know when to stay away and not put your recovery into jeopardy.
- The Assistance Of A Sponsor And A 12-step Congregation Plan
- Establishing and maintaining honesty and open communication with loved ones fosters an environment of accountability and trust.
- As part of the twelve-step regimen, surrounding yourself with like-minded people is very instrumental to achieving full recovery.
- Change To A Healthy And Better Version Of Yourself
- This step starts with little commitments and compliance to an exercise program, balanced diet, and even improved sleeping habits.
- Addiction will often result in mental and physical desperation, so you need to focus on bringing both to a healthy natural balance.
- 3-6 months outpatient programs are the best post discharge pledge programs.
- Patients that just got clean will benefit from enduring therapy aspects like counselling, biofeedback, yoga, and general help.
- It is imperative that you find a solution to what will trigger cravings for the drug or alcohol again like when you are hungry, angry, lonely, or tired, according to the H.A.L.T. rule.
- Make a list of the negative things you have experienced whilst addicted, and the positives of being sober.
- keep the list with you for whenever you crave for the addictive substance as it will help your to remember why you have expended so much time and other resources to break the addiction.
Finding Support In Recovery
Despite all the planning and activities in withdrawal from addiction chances of relapse cannot be completely ruled out. Relapse should not mark the end of recovery from addiction, instead it should serve as an eye opener to a wider scope of available opportunities of adjustment to get back on course and pursue the ultimate price. Reversion is mortifying but it doesn't have to be considered a let-down.