Get Addiction Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. People who had recovered or are currently battling addiction knows how difficult this predicament is. When the student is ready, the teacher will show up, Zen proverb says. Withdrawal from addiction starts with addict's readiness to seek professional assistance.
You need help locating a suitable treatment program for drug or alcohol addiction; 0800 772 3971 contact professional addiction counsellor for assistance today without fail.
Professional counselling and therapy which form part of the ongoing therapy program includes doctor's prescription drugs to speed up recovery process.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
The benefits of counselling are indispensable in a rehabilitation program whether it is inpatient or outpatient.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group therapy can cause dialogues about family dynamics and how undesirable relationships can develop or feed into habit-forming manners. The patient can start making meaningful post-treatment programs once these dysfunctions are recognized.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- Conducting personal sessions to educate the patient on how the addiction happened and what to do to recover.
- Periodic drug testing.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. This helps the counsellor to identify underlying issues which may be responsible for the addictive behaviour. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. Completely recovery is what any good advisor should be interested in, this is the most vital attribute of a good therapist.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
The old method of applying psychotherapy has been taken over by the new method; these new options are of diverse forms. Listed are some of the other therapeutically approaches
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- Overall goal of these therapy practices is to assist the patient shift brain function to take control of decision making.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- CBT is efficient when it comes to supporting addiction and psychological health disorders since it aims on the connection between thoughts and the consecutive manners and selection associated to them.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Those suffering two different type of illness are treated with DBT, and one of its major functions is to restore the courage of the patient and grant the victim strength to withstand tough health challenges.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- These therapeutic approaches focus on conscious and subconscious manipulation and change often involving relaxation mastery.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic Therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- Expressing their feelings become more convenient for former addicts who find it difficult to express them before.
- Art therapy, yoga, and equine therapy are some of these treatment plans.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
There is the tendency to suffer a relapse if you don't identify the force behind the addiction, although just a handful of people consider it worthwhile to take the steps to unravel the force behind engaging in a destructive habit.