Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Recognising addiction and focusing on going to a recovery program can overwhelm initial phases in the journey to recover. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
Rehabilitations are organized treatment programs went for helping those battling with addiction. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detoxification A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. There are individual and or group therapeutic sessions for addicts, aimed at helping them understand and solve the major reasons why they are addicted. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. Rehab programmes that last a longer amount of time work on the cause and resultant actions of the addict and give the patient ample time to work on living without the substance.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
Though there's not a cure for dependency, it can be dealt with successfully. Irrespective of its time, drug and alcohol addiction rehab doesn't finish up after the patient completes a rehab program. Recuperation from substance utilize is a progressing and lifelong procedure. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to learn how to manage an addiction every day without using.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. These activities may include meditation, yoga, exercise, or art, to name a few.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities offered - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Length of program - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Kind of programme - Inpatient projects will frequently cost more than outpatient programs since patients live at the facility which is staffed with restorative and treatment experts at all circumstances.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. Dependency can be expensive because of
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal fines
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
People who have severe addictions, addictions that have been going on for a very long time, or any coexisting medical or mental conditions typically look for an inpatient facility. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. People with short term, less serious and limited addictions will find this more appropriate, and their duties at home and work will not suffer.
Outpatient projects can change. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. Outpatient care is generally not as expensive as inpatient care since there are not as many facilities and staff offer direct care for fewer hours. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
You can contact us on 0800 772 3971 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Will I Lose My Job For Going To Rehab?
Whilst you may feel a bit frightened of being dismissed if you go to a rehabilitation, you may, as a matter of fact, be more inclined to get fired from your job when you fail to seek assistance. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. These include
- Employee Assistance Program An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off You can also use your personal time, sick leave, or accrued vacation to seek for addiction treatment in a rehab since you are off work on these occasions.
- Executive Rehab Treatment Centres You can continue to work while under treatment at a plush, 24-hour rehab centre that facilitates the interaction between the executive patients and their offices during the rehab.
- Outpatient Treatment The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury treatment has a lot of amenities and upscale surrounding when compared to a basic rehab centre. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. Call us on 0800 772 3971 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.