NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. Admission into private rehab treatment program is made easy depending on the mode of payment through available funds from individual or insurance policy cover. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
What Are Prerequisites For Applying For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You may need to demonstrate that you have investigated local community based treatment choices, first you must qualify to meet all requirements for NHS financing at a private recovery facility. Getting into rehabilitation like this may be little longer, depending of whether your local addiction team is willing to pay for your treatment.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Pros And Cons
Private rehabilitation facilities
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- All treatment on one site union of care and day by day schedule;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Addicts will be able to concentrate on their recovery thanks to treatment taking place in secure surroundings away from concerns and temptations;
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Complementary therapies like art therapy, equine therapy, gym and fitness are also provided.
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Health insurance doesn't always cover it.
- Free of cost;
- Anyone can apply;
- It is near to your home, family and local community;
- Admission process takes a while;
- May not be referred to residential rehab;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- Recovery might be damaged by everyday problems and substance accessibility;
- There is a more limited access to personal therapist.
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building vibrant outpatient network is difficult but not impossible to achieve;
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Alternative Of NHS Cross Border Treatment
It takes months to organise the admission to private rehab centre via the NHS or local addiction centre in UK even the result is uncertain. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
Drug Rehab Essex website can provide additional information to UK residents that want to try this alternative.