Aiming to boost their performance, athletes and students had become common abusers of Stimulants. Recreational use of Stimulants is also not uncommon.
Your sensitivity and mental performance is hyped because of the effects of excitants inside the core of the human brain. Stimulants may be prescription drugs or the prohibited substances like Cocaine. Injection, snorting and oral ingestion are common ways of taking Stimulants.
It is highly recommended that you take action and do something about your addiction now! Always remember that you have friends to help you on your road to recovery, seek help now call 0800 772 3971.
Prescription Stimulants Brands And Names
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy and sometimes obesity are treated with the assistance of prescription Stimulants. Methylphenidates and amphetamines are some of the Stimulants that are available by prescription. Abusing amphetamines and methylphenidates has more or less the same effect although there are differences in these drugs at the chemical level. Depending on the patient's circumstance, the doctor prescribes either amphetamines and methylphenidates.
The Stimulants most famous are
- The latest common therapy medicine and the mostly recommended amphetamine in America is the 1960 authorized Adderall.
- Dexedrine - also known as Dextroamphetamine or Dexamphetamine is a treatment drug used in ADHD and narcolepsy.
- Americans applied the use of the drug first.
- To keep pilots alert during World War II until the Gulf War.
- Ritalin was authorized for treatment in hyperactiveness that was seen in little children in 1955.
- This drug is a Methylphenidate which is why it differs from Adderall and Dexedrine.
- At the molecular level, Amphetamines and Methylphenidates are different but both substances have a stimulating effect.
- Concerta is a recent medication utilized when treating ADHD, it was authorized for use in year 2000.
- Although it has a different potency and acts for a different length of time, it is also a Methylphenidate like Ritalin.
- Desoxyn - this is a methamphetamine that is highly regulated and prescribed.
- It was the earliest remedy pill for obesity, which was introduced in 1947.
- ADHD is also treated using this drug.
- Ephedrine - Is popularly used as an appetite suppressant and bronchodilator for those with asthma, it has similar effects to other Stimulants.
- Meth labs usually use this drug as one of the ingredients and this is due to the fact that it's available over the counter.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Stimulants Addiction And The Effects
Since they have a high potential for abuse and addiction, prescription Stimulants are classified as a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substances Act. Each month, prescription Stimulants are misused by 0.9 million people in the U.S.
Simulants have impacts like the following
- Loss of urge to eat
- Feeling energetic
Getting high is not always the goal of those who use Stimulants, most of the people who consume them are looking to improve their performing. As a matter of fact, athletes and students have a long history of abusing prescription Stimulants to do better than their peers.
The chemical that makes the pleasure sensation in the brain is dopamine, and it produces a lot thanks to Stimulants. The brain may lose the ability to produce dopamine in the absence of a Stimulants if the Stimulants is used regularly. Stimulants abuse is strengthened by this requirement for dopamine, which can evolve into an addiction as time passes.
Cocaine, crack, and crystal meth are the most commonly known Stimulants and are commonly abused. Stimulants ordered by a doctor have almost the same impact that these three illegal substances.